PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2005, 23:05
bestkeptsecret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC, for better or worse, has chosen (as far as I can see) to put pretty much all its eggs in one basket: becoming a training provider to the airlines, rather than to the potential pilot (although the training is largely at the potential pilot's expense - but that's another argument!).
Scroggs is quite correct and I see this as a key area, not only in terms of selection but in terms of being a 'training provider', a training provider for whom?

CTC clearly views the airlines as the customers, the student pilot is seen as the product, never the customer.

OAT and the other schools are more acutely aware that the student pilot is the customer.

Why is this important?

Because in the customer centred evironment that the business of training delivery should be you focus on your customer's needs and satisfying those needs. For CTC, whose needs are more important, the trainees, or the airlines...!? Does this outlook affect the training received in any way, especially regarding the way the student pilots are treated!? I wonder...