PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2005, 21:44
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So assuming that planning approval is given by which ever local authority that owns the land south side and a deal is struck with them, LBC will only get the income from passengers crossing the new 'boundary'?

Okay assuming again that this is a mere formality, you then have two seperate airports with a new runway that cannot be operated from whilst the one in Luton, Beds is operational!

Not a problem for LBC, they do a St Mawgen and charge everyone accessing the site from thier land a surcharge?

Seriously, do the new airport operators seriously think that they can build a new runway without consent from LBC and thier Westminster peers and then operate it with no regard to the concession that they have with LBC?

If so, BLIMEY, I cannot wait for the fireworks as there are (or I thought that there were) robust clauses within the Concession to automatically bring it back under LBC control should an operator forefit on its contractual obligations.

2012, more like 2112 once this lot were to go to a public, then legal high court/EU battle!

If ACDL are basing thier case for a new runway on not paying the concession charge, then........I wish them good luck.