PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Cyber Exams
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2002, 07:14
Student-pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down CASA Cyber Exams

I've just been looking on the internet at the new cyber exams for the commercial licence. They are changing the format from the three exams in one day to a computer based system of seven exams that can be sat over two years. I orginally thought that this would be a good idea giving the student more time to study and understand each section of the exam, that is of course until you look into the cost, I now believe the two years is to allow the student to save enough money to sit the exams.

As I understand there is a one off CASA fee of $50 to sit all of the exams but then on top of that there are delivery fees for each exam to the total cost $553. These delivery fees are said to be access costs??

With the delivery costs this new system gives a cost increase of over $400 to the student. How can this justified when the system has been computerised and therefore I am assuming more cost effective??

I think that all struggling student pilots would agree that this extreme increase cannot be justified and will only deter young pilots from follow their dream. Maybe this is what CASA is aiming for, it would be a lot easier to govern an empty sky!

The site where I found this information is <a href="http://www.aslexam.com" target="_blank">www.aslexam.com</a>

SP.