PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 20:21
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Happily, all I can see from my Bear Palace are lanes, hedgerows, fields and open countryside, but I understand fully what you are saying. The new runway however, will not remove too many houses unlike runway 2 at Stansted. Breachwood Green should actually be quieter? Runway 3 at Heathrow will remove whole communities.

A few hectares of land seldom used by the vast majority of 'local' folk will hardly be a loss? Comforting to know that Someries Castle will remain intact, and who knows, maybe even more accessible?

So will Luton Hoo be overflown from the new runway, I am not too sure that the developers of this ex stately home will be too impressed?

Conservation is very important, so I hope that any land assumed by the plans will be offset by projects funded by the consortium to preserve and enhance the countyside. I just hope the environmentalists do not find any wild bears on the land to be developed, otherwise it will never happen!

Actually, creating facilities for the 'spotters' will ensure that the local 'pond life' are fully cared for.....Whoops...Only joking (Ha Ha Ha)!