PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concerned about flying school
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 16:51
HELOFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow , lots of info there & honestly I think you know what to do.

I dont think bouncing this off a forum can hurt and atleast its a place to ask a question with out repercussions that will affect your future but.....when the times comes to report it it may and thats what PPL balance ..If I do nothing and get through is it worth risking reprisal in doing the right thing.

Its not easy doing the right thing, especially when it is something severe as to shut down an operation and SPINELESS isnt a word that you should write , some PPL just cant do certain things with out an element of fear or self doubt...dont trash someone for seeking help....... If this is a bull**** thread then take it as one but honestly the guy didnt name anything as he stated just a series of concerns that as a new guy to the industry may not know of what is acceptable or not , Its not like all these things are happening in every flight so just "BENDING" a rule here and there doesnt seem so bad but when you ad them all together well , yeah it can look like crap.

Lets look at it this way seeing as you know what is right and wrong and rules are being broken ..(THERE IS NO BENDING OF RULES..either they are followed or they are not ) if no one gets hurt then there is no problem BUT if some one does and it isnt reported ...how are you going to feel then knowing that you may have had the oportunity to save some ones life but did nothing in fear of being labeled a stickler of safety ?

IF you report it tomorrow and things change , you may never know that you saved some one from injury or loss of life but you can assume that you did.

Everytime you do a pre flight inspection you never know if you will find... what ever the Jesus Nut coming loose , but everytime you do it & find nothing you know that you just helped peserve your own life......Could you fly comfortably with out doing one ?....I know that I would be ****ting myself before I got off the ground so there is no way I could even crank the engine with out sweating guilty thoughts.

Personally I know that I would report it , jesus write a letter as a concerned citizen or as a prior student or some guy who's house keeps getting over flown at 50ft , but get it to the correct department !!!

Get them to check operations visually incognito when you are schedualed to fly or another pilot, get them to see it for themselves.

NOTIFY ANYONE YOU CAN, ANYWAY YOU CAN !!

If you have asked the CFI about it and he talks you down ...does he back up his arguement with the REGS book and outline where you are being over cautious or is he throwing the old " I have been flying for X years and you only Y years blah blah crap.

Good luck with it...