PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concerned about flying school
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 13:41
Flingwing207

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ground school given is very non-existent , I read a lot so I got away with that.
Pre and post flight briefs do not exist.
Dual cross countries are being done in weather like, vis 2KM and cloud base 900 FT.(Having to be put on tower freq when crossing another airfields ATZ)(lower than their circuit height)
Students have been sent solo cross country in conditions as bad as 700FT cloud, with winds up to 25 knots (in a R22)
Solo students are allowed to land at private sites if they wish.
The in house examiner never fails anyone (worst he does is pass but insist on more flying with instructor before self fly hire)
The instructor will do a flight dual then tell the student to log it as solo.
The instructor blatently ignores Rule 5 with low level flying (100FT over some places to look at something, or 800FT over small cities if he feels like it)
The instructor occasionally flys aircraft he is not current on.
The instructor will try and charge 0.2 Hrs more than engine operated Datcon shows in order to build up an hour which he can then use to fly his friends about.
Ground exams answer sheets are left in the vicinity of the student taking the exam in order for him / her to self mark.
The aircraft do not have any radio nav equipment (GPS only) which I believe is a requirement for PPL tests.
...but other than this, the place is fine, right?