PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice 25 Oct
Thread: Nice 25 Oct
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 11:53
Eva San

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As reported by a colleague who was there at the time, the wonderful Nice controllers told Chuck in the Corporate to "Expedite Take Off! " as he was already rolling.
So it looks as if someone who wasn't there has better info than the one supposed to be at the holding point ! Strange isn't it ?

Then it's the end of the story, but anyway ... I sort of agree with the nosey bugger thing ! If there's something wrong with the ATC, there are some more official channels than this journos-infested web site.

In answer to all the Blahblah about stopping or not or ending up in the water, I think it's pretty much straighforward : below V1 you stop and after... And the ATC did not ask him to stop he did it on his own ( or so I read above).

And now to all those who are unhappy about the Nice ATC I suggest you come to visit us sometimes...We have to deal every day with some environmental limitations that somehow designed the procedures and I could give you a few examples of troubles it gives us but I think this is not the place.

Now I agree that Nice is a very special airport in its configuration close to town and mountains. And that is why crews should be prepared for it which is obviously not always the case and I personnaly think that the use of Nice should be restricted and linked to a special qualification and not only preparation.