PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fo's At Loganair
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2005, 10:48
Ambulance 'Charlie Alpha'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Guys and Gals,

Just to offer my two penneth.

The £12K upfront is a little rude I agree. This doesn't even cover the course cost though. I think I read that total cost to the company is about £18K. It is a big commitment, and no, it never used to be like that in the old days.

However, it is NOT the old days anymore, the whole business is changing. If you don't want to pay, then don't apply for the job. It's that simple. No point moaning about upfront bonds. They are here to stay I'm afraid.

What about the 'risk' factor? I have met a few guys that were chopped and 99.99% of those that weren't during line training with LC. If you go into it with the same amount of commitment and learning effort/respect that you gave your GFT or IR, then invariably, you will succeed. In my opinion, there does seem to be a belief in 'new-starts' that once the type rating is out of the way, they can relax. Those that do, struggle and in the worst case, get chopped. Don't relax, don't stop working damn hard to get it right until the day you have passed that line check.

It could be worse, you could be paying for the line training aswell! And at least they pay you from the day you start with the company.

I was there for 5 years, flew Otter, Islander and SAAB. Enjoyed every second of it. Everything I learnt there is now paying huge dividends on the jet I now fly.

Cheers

ACA