PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Oct 2005, 20:02
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not accusing all the low cost operators of maintenance shortcuts, however I do believe that when there are financial pressures companies can and do take shortcuts, just ask Alaskan airlines about the lack of grease on the jack screw of the MD82, and that was a first world country where some bright spark thought he could save a few bucks, ok the time issue was also a factor they needed that aircraft back in service asap, the same thing can easily happen here in africa.......just dont think its a good idea to save money on maintenance, and I know its happening with one outfit who does there own servicing at Lanseria, you know who.

I am sure a few guys will respond and say I am talking sh*t, but its common sense, saw it over and over in the contract world. Also know for a fact that DDM requirements which state you CAN NOT DEPART have been overlooked, witnessed it myself. Dont defend someone for the sake of defending them or because you want to shoot the messenger, at least critisise things that are wrong............did that make sense?