PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2005, 13:13
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Goodness me

Well I go away for a week or so and look what happens!!!

All the slagging off at each other is hardly becoming guys, does not show our profession in a particularly good light.

As I am sure has been said an nauseum, argue the point. Don't play the man.

Your point of view will be much better received if put across in a calm, well reasoned and thoughtful manner.
Much of this drivel makes us all look like immature teenagers, both those posting and those that are trying to respond.

For the benefit of those that may think that they can get away with anything illegal in the future, an anecdote from Dubai (farily recent past).

Someone did an allegedly deliberate runner from his workplace, having racked up some fairly hefty debts.
Went back to the UK and, apparently knowing UK banking laws, thought he was bulletproof.
However, the Dubai bank were a little more aggressive in following it up, to the point of "selling" the debt to a third party collection agency.
The Dubai bank manager was congratulated by his management for at least regaining a small portion of what would have otherwise been written off as bad debt.
Our chap in the Uk however, had a knock on the door from two rather large men in long coats and baseball bats. No joke, he apparently spent some time in hospital with damaged legs.
He had been "encouraged" to pay back what was owed to them.
Not saying or suggesting anything about anyone mentioned on this thread, just a salient reminder to all that not everyone is a nice polite banker, who will just take losses on the chin.

Apart from that ,had a great time up in UAE and a fabulous couple of dives in the Musandam..including a dive during a coral spawn! Don't see that every day!

Foxy, welcome back, good to see that Wilma didn't get you!