PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 22:26
yakkity yak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen (and I use that term loosely for some)

firstly, Menstrual fool/ cherry bum/ Verci , a typical Serco management response, quash the discussion before maybe people start to think as a group and you are batting against an unstoppable tide. Too late for that bucko.

I quote airnobrains

[QUOTE]so all that we can do is wait and see.

This is definitely the last thing you want to do is sit and wait. We guys to be proactive with this. Yes, I know they dont like unions or the hint of group activity but that is what will actually accelerate our increase in conditions and pay, but the problem is you will actually have to be all prepared to fall on your own sword if necessary, and as you all seem to believe you have other "fantastic" jobs and places to return to them this should be no problem. Ferris did this (irrespective of how) but had to do it alone as some other have done in the past, but as has been proved one little voice at a time does little.

If we all went in to RJ (forget Serco here) on masse (at least a third of the staff) and basically said this is what we want (list of claims) and this is when we expect your positive response to this (say 7-14 days) and if the answer is no then we should be prepared to resign enmasse together. I can guarantee you that RJ will drop like a plum at our feet and give in. The centre cant survive with that many staff gone (and he knows that) and cant train that many in that space of time.

The only problem with this is that the Seffricans will not be party to it but they dont make more than half the roster. Like I said if you have such good job to go back to then this should be no problem. Remember that some of you shortly could be working as a Serco employee along side (or training) some expat as a GCAA direct hire who is earning more than you and will be better off than you, so maybe you should think hard about that one, I bet that will stick in your craw a bit, because it would mine.

You really have nothing to lose. IF you do nothing, you are drifting on the tides of fate and allowing someone else to dictate your future. At least Ferris bless him made his decision did what he felt he had to do, and left. At least he made a decision, whereas airno brains, cat and co want to sit and wait, well you should have a plan B like Ferris did (to go out on your terms) so you can pull the pin when required, mine is now in place (if required).

chow