PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOYCOT AIR NEW ZEALAND
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2001, 16:17
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough, everyone! As an AN employee, (we are not yet terminated), for almost eighteen years, can I ask that you all take your hands off the keyboard, sit back and think about the sentiments I've been reading. There is enough vitriol there for a million poison arrows, all to no positive purpose.

The very idea of visiting on anyone the feelings of trepidation for the future that I and my family are experiencing is dreadful to contemplate, and I cannot sit by and watch the flames being fanned in this way. The "average" Kiwi had no part in my problem, nor did the average ANZ employee. We all know where the blame lies, and from where restitution must come, and it's NOT from Joe Blow in AKL, CHC or anywhere else, it's from the boardroom of the perpetrators of this infamy.

A boycott would only hasten the demise of the area of AN where I work, since they are "customers", how's that for a dilemma?
Please bear in mind those who would suffer most are like all the rest of us, with the same problems, and to blame them is tantamount to blaming all Arabs for the New York/Washington atrocities. I am not a great proponent of turning the other cheek, but I cannot tolerate the thought of more families facing the same feeling of sadness for the recent past, fear for the future and the continuing uncertainty as mine currently does.

Please, everyone, let's try to keep an eye on reality and try to help the situation rather than exacerbate it.

Christ, I can hardly see the keyboard!!

Regards to ALL, Kiwi-land as well.

TheNightOwl.