PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 13:46
yakkity yak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat and Airnobrains and Mr mews (or is it meows...read pussy)

Get off your bloody high perch and heed your own advice and play the ball and not the man...... yeah gotcha there boys!

Totally agree with Burj re his comments about "has this not happened before". It is obvious by your remarks you guys are either not very worldly, stupid, ignorant or have not spent much time in the Gulf OR a combination of all.

I know Cat has been there a while and knows this has gone on in the past and gosh yes pilots have done it (oh but they are so professional...surely their s**t doesnt stink either.....plllleeeease, get real they are only human) as well as taxi drivers and labourers and those in the oil industry etc, if they see an opportunity they will take it to, one can only put up with so much in this place.

So if you have no where else to go and/or are supervisor/management you will back the side of Cat and airnobrains.

Which bring us back to the original thread, of why this has happened and why it has happened before and why it will happen again and why MOST people are unhappy with our conditions.

They (the conditions) need a major overhaul incl the jettisoning of excess baggage (Serco and RJ) out of all contracts in the ME to maintain stability and safety. This is what it is all about and the quicker we see this begin with the AUH contract the better off we will all be.

Now dont get too cocky as things will NOT improve overnight and will most likely take a few years until the right packages with appropriate conditons are offered. The relevant managements need to think way outside the box here and think laterally like the company that runs the gulf chopper mob throughout the ME and their roster of pilots..... something like a 6 week on 6 week off OR a variant of that 6 on 5 off and therefore the pay and conditions to highlight this, but the employee actually gets plenty of time away to recharge their batteries in home country with family and then back for six weeks with a roster that still meets CARS and most likely no leave will be required because the employee only actually works half the time so no leave needed.

No wonder my chopper pilot mates are laughing not only all the way to the bank, but having a great lifestyle as well. This would negate the need for the employer to provide extra amounts for accommodation, but a similiar rudementary type Serco accommodation as this is most likely all that would be needed here as most would be singles for the 6 week on bit and it would be cheaper over all for the employer as the actual wages would barlely need to rise and they would be able to most likely to pay around the current pay per month mark and most likely would be able to negotiate airfare deals with Gulf Air/Emirates to fly these guys home around 9 times per year (for very little infact), bloody good lifestyle if you ask me and as long as the employer paid you into a local UAE bank account all should be OK for tax. I for one would certainly sign up for this kind of offer, my chopper pilot mates love it, and still do some cashies back home.

PPR I am trying to drag this thread out of the mire, so please give us a chance to keep it running

Chow