PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 05:52
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry all, I was mistaken. Because others have committed crimes in the past, it is ok for us all to break the law. I was also mistaken in thinking that as Air Traffic Controllers we were professionals, and as such should act as professionals. We want to be compared to our peers (eg. Airline Pilots), when it comes to salary and accomodation packages, but when it comes to the way we act, it's obviously ok, to be compared to what taxi drivers and labourers do in this country on a regular basis.

You can all defend what he did, and say 1. He's going to fix it all up from Australia ( I highly doubt that), or 2. It's ok cos others have done it (still fraud committed, and no matter how many times done before, still a crime). You may also say, that noone is hurt by this, but as was said earlier the banks factor it in to their bottom line, so we left here with bank loans all pay collectively for Ferris's next racehorse purchase.

As I have said before, the banks may not pursue him in Oz, and neither may the authorities, but the backlash does come when a Serco employee goes to the banks concerned to get a loan and either we are told thanks but no thanks due to recent history, or we are made to pay a higher rate of interest. All in all, a stupid, selfish thing has been done.