PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Distance Learning Ground School
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 00:05
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry that's not much help but having only delt with one school, I can only offer one side of the story
Well thats not what your previous post implied.

The loyalty that wannbies give to their training providers is sometimes quite strange. Its almost as if you have to justify to yourself that you made the right choice. And any inferance on PPrune that you made the wrong choice starts self doudt. Which triggers a back against the wall aggresive fight your corner. With the usual responce after a while because there can be no winner of personal comments like "your an arragant arse I hope your never on my flight deck" and the like.

I did my ground school with OAT and got them all, got what i felt was value for money out of the course. But that still dosn't stop me from having a go at there dubious marketing of there other courses.

The which one is better between OAT and BGS is pretty much a none starter because you are talking about 2 companys who have set the market standard for that course.

Unless you have been to both OAT and BGS your opinion isn't really worth alot. Even if you did and didn't particularly like one school there are that many students going through both and succeding that it doesn't really matter.

And to be honest once you have the exams in the bag you don't really care. Its a stressful time getting the theory crap out the way. Which when compared to the stress of the IR seems like nothing. You proberly won't ever be asked or show your results ever again. In 12 months time when asked what marks you got you won't have a clue.

MJ