PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 21:52
yakkity yak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents

Get real for a minute please. You make this situation out to be the first time this has happened. Certainly not.

This has happened numerous times over the years and not just in Abu Dhabi, its happened in all stations including Bahrain, we have had engineers, met men etc at one point or another. It also happens in other industries here as well.

What you need to understand here is that obviously ferris has reached a level of dissatisfaction where he felt he needed to make a point and if this was his way of making then he is the one who has to live with it, not you moaners.

Seems to me like a case of sour grapes from your end that he didnt think of you first. I feel you may be a little envious because he actually got away with it, but you are all holding the baby now. Hey, when one works in this part of the world, at the end of the day it is look after number one and bugger the rest.

Dont think the employer or financial institutions concerned will necessarily chase people around the globe. When this has happened before generally not the case and Serco have never bothered, why, because it costs too much money. The thing to remember is, generally if the event has not occured on his home turf, generally very difficult to chase and prosecute, and that is a fact. How do I know this because of people I know who work in a bank here in UAE and that is the plain truth on the matter.

The banks here even build this into their bottom line because they know this happens (and has been happening for eons)

chow