PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This years Christmas Present for Helicopter Fans
Old 24th Oct 2005, 21:51
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas present.

DRK Scholarship.

First a quickie for Silsoe Jr,

We started the scholarship four years ago and so far have raised sufficient funding to complete the PPL(H) for two applicants, Zoe Spain and Hannah Nobbs, Hannah received her ticket three weeks ago. Zoe is now studying for her commercial and many of you will have already talked with her as she is now the FISO at Fairoaks Airport.

It's always a struggle to get sufficient funds, and I underwrite the shortfall. But if we can get a thousand sales from the DVD. the 2006 scholarship is secure. It's nice that the Mod is allowing some posts on the subject for which we are particularly grateful.

The scholarship is not registered as a charity, only because the five man (one woman) committee members feel the responsibilities for charity status are quite severe. Hence we have a simple scholarship fund. We get up to all sorts of fund raising. At the RAFA Shoreham show, we dropped 1000 tennis balls from 1000 feet into a dustbin. As an ex bomber pilot, I wasn't too happy to have missed the target. But in my earlier days we did have GeeH !!

Soon, with the depths of winter around us, one dark evening we plan to have a darts event at Shoreham, aiming to score 1,000,000 in 24 hours. We need a few darters who can get the odd ton, not the 26 I always seem to make.

The DVD will become available in two weeks, and a deal has been struck with Transair to distribute on a preferential cost basis, so I would not sell direct except at the Transair published price.

Once the dust has settled on this programme, the income figures will be available through the scholarship committee at Shoreham Airport.

Thanks to you all out there. Spread the word lads.

Dennis Kenyon