PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ now refusing to accept Ansett tickets
Old 16th Sep 2001, 12:13
cabinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Air NZ now refusing to accept Ansett tickets

I am one of the many current abused, stressed, frustrated and angry Qantas reservations team members who have had to deal with the with the goings on of this horrible Ansett situation.( 22,000 calls on hold friday morning to be exact )

Today it was announced that Air New Zealand are now NOT accepting Ansett Tickets for travel on ANZ flights, that is, any ticket starting with a 090 number issued on ansett print. First of all ANZ ruin a beautiful airline and now, have taken money for tickets on air new zealand flights but wont honour them simply because they are issued on ansett ticket paper......what a disgrace.

PRESS RELEASE
"CAN I USE MY ANSETT AUSTRALIA (090) TICKET ON AN AIR NEW ZEALAND FLIGHT?

For customers who have commenced their travel as at midnight (New Zealand local time), 13 September 2001.

If you have commenced your travel on Air New Zealand (NZ) (including New Zealand domestic services) or Ansett Australia (AN) international flights your ticket will be accepted on the Air New Zealand (NZ) operated network.

For assistance with rebooking your flight please contact your local Air New Zealand Reservations office.

Air New Zealand is not able to meet passenger expenses for accommodation, meals, ground transportation or any air travel to/from the Air New Zealand international point of departure or arrival

For customers who were due to commence their travel after midnight (New Zealand local time), 13 September 2001.

As a result of the Ansett Australia grounding Air New Zealand will no longer accept Ansett Australia (090) tickets for travel on Air New Zealand flights.

This includes Global Rewards redemption tickets.

All other enquires regarding Ansett Australia (090) electronic or paper tickets, including refunds, should be referred to Peter Hedge, Voluntary Administrator from Pricewaterhouse Coopers on phone 61-2-8266 0000"