PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 15:42
cat man do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO1962

Thank you for your posting, well balanced, sensible and (dare I say) truthful.

ferris

I found those that had nowhere else to go never moaned, and almost existed in a state of self-delusion about how good everything was, precisely because they had nowhere else to go (or are trapped by the money). The "moaners" are inevitably people who have left, because they have the freedom to speak.
Oh please, who is delusioned now? People who have the freedom of movement are the moaners? Come on now, you are really scraping the barrel on this one. Those with freedom of movement and choice tend to be the ones who get on with there lives, why even bother 'moaning about something that you have left behind?

And what is it not the solution to? Is that an admission that there are things that require solutions? That won't do your recruitment drive any good!
So what you are saying is that a company like Virgin does not continue to look for solutions? Is it only companies that have problems that look for solutions? Once again , ferris, you are showing your lack in knowledge on issues.

Who "relies" on being chucked out? Or doing a runner?
I don't know, maybe you should answer this one? Maybe you were the only one who wanted to leave but had internal pressure to stay, so you get an opportunity and 'voila' you have to leave. That, however, is MY OPINION and should not be construed as the TRUTH.

Yak yak

You are obviosly not at the centre. Full compliment of 32? Just looked at the latest roster, 32 listed there. November oops 34 listed there (2 newies arriving yippee).

I certainly was not made any promises of what Serco offered me when I came out, contract was pretty clear (including the bond). My contract also included the fact that singlies may even share accomodation, so I guess on that little point things have improved . No, don't get me wrong, I agree that the accomodation could be better but I would rather have the cash than a better apartment (came here for the money remember). My palace is at home, not here. The money also needs improving, but hey, if it doesn't then off I toodle to my real home in my real country and know that my time here was an experience. I will also be able to get my old job back at the same level of my peers. I will have no regrets about leaving here as it is still (barely) on my terms.

Hey bathie, just checked out your post, have no clue what the welshie thing is though. You make a valid point on the hours. Just did a quickie of my hours, I'm complaining as I worked 1 hour per week more than you . I suppose this is a FACT and can be construed as the TRUTH.

cat out