PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 14:00
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey cheery, why don't you create a few more identities and keep agreeing with yourself over and over?
What you going to tell your kids when they ask "what did you in the Gulf war Daddy?"
I'll put on a welsh accent and tell them some lies. I learned at the foot of a master
ATCO 1962
A couple of things
imprint on your minds is the need to be in a position to walk whenever things aren't going your way
Serco bond you for 2 years, so it might be a long wait to get yourself out (although it is not unknown for poeple to be so disenchanted that they buy their way out of the bond). Also, ATC is not, generally, easy to switch jobs at the drop of a hat. Nor is it easy to change countries with a family.
much of the hard-time moaning comes from those who've burnt their bridges long ago and have nowhere else to go.
I beg to differ. I found those that had nowhere else to go never moaned, and almost existed in a state of self-delusion about how good everything was, precisely because they had nowhere else to go (or are trapped by the money). The "moaners" are inevitably people who have left, because they have the freedom to speak.
Don't just follow the money trail; there are other good reasons why you may want to come here. Whatever happens, enjoy the process and walk if and when you have to without rancour.
Top advice. You'll also be a lot happier if you go in with eyes wide open.