PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 12:44
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throw a dyce
They do indeed take passports away for 'inspection'. I am not sure of their motivation- can only speculate
Cat
You are the master at distorting the facts
Really?
Union mentality is not the solution.
I'd be interested to find out exactly what "union mentality" is. And what is it not the solution to? Is that an admission that there are things that require solutions? That won't do your recruitment drive any good!
What I dont understand (and neither does ANSA) is your need to get up on a soap box and dish the dirt.
I didn't start the thread. In fact, I don't think I've ever started a thread in relation to this topic. I merely respond when I see the blatant "advertising" that goes on here, and attempt to add some balance.
It saddens me when you get ideas that I am motivated out of spite. Ask Tall-lion; at the very start of our correspondence I informed him of my position, and offered to put him in touch with people who might have more positive things to say. Believe me, if you want spiteful posts, I'll provide them. In fact, thanks for the idea. I'll start a separate thread, just so you will get the idea about spite.
but is it necessary that you parade and shout to all and sundry
Now, this sort of comment troubles me. What motivation can anyone have to stifle the airing of the "dirt"? If you want to be a 'positive little worker', don't read it!! Things will only get better for you if prospectives turn tail. If you have other motivations- a manager, or a serco drone, or a self-delusional type, then that would explain it. I'll leave it to readers to decide "what motivation could there be for wanting to stifle negative info about AUH ACC?" hmmmmm....
I am ensuring that I am in a position that if I make the decision to go it is on my terms. I will not have to rely on being chucked out
Now THAT is a distortion of facts. Who "relies" on being chucked out? Or doing a runner? Believe what you want.
Gotta go formulate some spite!

edit after seeing cheery's post.
You do realise you keep giving yourself away, don't you cherrybum/verci?
Was there a witch hunt?
Readers should be made aware that the CATCO at the UAE ACC frequently quizzed staff about who was who on pprune, whilst pretending not to care about what is written here. He would go to lengths such as; checking personnel files to find work histories (to cross-check against info in posts), check work sign-on times against post times, send PMs posing as an outsider looking for info etc. He was kept at bay using a stream of disinformation, and as he isn't as bright as he likes to think he is, this worked for a long time. As this campaign was successful, one can only speculate what would've happened had it not been. Certainly, he 'marked cards' over it.

Last edited by ferris; 21st Oct 2005 at 12:59.