PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 12:04
cat man do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burj, you can write. Yes I am a 'coal face worker' but am getting more irritated by the wanton negative moaning that continues. I tend to keep my mouth shut at work. We are so busy working but we get an endless tirade of negativity of a few. Some shifts are an absolute pleasure to work with and others a complete drag, you get home exhausted, not from the work but from our colleagues. Then again, I do agree with the sentiment that is around, accomadation and money can improve. I am of the 'opinion' that it will improve, due to market forces not soap box operas. What I fail to understand is the continual whining (as if we all want to hear it) that goes on. Its been said before, we come here out of choice and we leave here out of choice, the last thing we came here for is loyalty. Instead of bemoaning our predicament I am ensuring that I am in a position that if I make the decision to go it is on my terms. I will not have to rely on being chucked out and doing the running thing. I do not think (my opinion) that things are not as bad as you make out and instead of encouraging people to stay away I want to encourage people to come here so things can return to what it was. What people also need to keep in mind is that whenever a contract comes up for negotiation these threads pop up, 3 years ago for this contract, the last airport negotiation and now this again. All quiet inbetween, that must also say something?????????

Tall Lion

Do not change and come to the ME if it is greener grass you are looking for, rather come over for different grass. Do yourself a favour and visit the place and form your OWN opinion. We could all go on and on with our own version of events, all you will get is the PRO's - who paint a pretty picture with a few problems and the cons - who paint a dismal picture. Do yourself the favour and visit, meet ALL the guys here, meet with managment, hell, even meet the bus driver, but only you can find the TRUTH.

Cat out