PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 23:23
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat
The truth is not something that is based on an opinion, it is based on fact
As I said, I didn't think you would be intelligent enough to understand that 'truth' is subjective, but you only have to read some UAE "incident investigations" to see that I am not going to waste the time boring the readers educating you, so I'll leave it at that (for now).

Have a look at Tall-lion's post, and tell me again how what happens on this board and the information flow effected has no effect on what goes on in the UAE ACC. Tall-lion is a Eurocontroller who was seriously considering the move to the UAE. Information is power. Another lesson is being painfully learned!

If you think I am gloating, you are wrong. As others have intimated, if people go there EYES WIDE OPEN, surely that's better? And if they don't, because once armed with the FACTS, they choose not to, isn't that also good for the guys still there? It means "the management" has to improve things (whether that is the money, the roster, the accomm- whatever). Win-win.
What do you have to lose? I would say try it! It can only get better anyway
What sort of advice is that? It's really crap, but it can only get better. Lifestyle! Yeah, 7 days off per month affords you a fab lifestyle.
What do you have to lose?
Where do I start....Your relationships? Your rights? Your ability to return to home country as your pension/superannuation fades away, property prices increase etc etc? Your sanity? The list is endless..... (bear in mind, these are opinions, not facts )
Don't listen to all the bullsh!t
Amen to that. Read the thread. It's not hard to see where THAT comes from. ANSA is about the only poster putting forward anything other than fluffy, meaningless, 'lifestyle'-type positives.

The best advice is to read WHAT people post, not just interpretations of WHY they post it.