PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 18:58
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Serco will always struggle to attract people to UAE ACC despite better pay deals,accomodation or whatever.In the past they have been lucky with a supply from the States,Scandanavia,South Africa.From a UK point of view there is almost no incentive for a UK Area Rated controller to upsticks as Nats pays Band 4 and 5 stations well in comparison with Serco.Not forgetting the pension as well.Even Band 2 airport pay is good,compared with AUH,DXB.

I met up with a friend who used to work at UAE ACC last visit to the sandpit.He had just come off doing 4 consecutive night shifts.The 2 standbys were Nights followed by his own night shifts,( maybe the other way round) but he was absolutely knackered.He was one of the guys that escaped and I don't blame him.This situation is highly illegal in the UK.No more than 2 night shifts allowed.

There just isn't the same supply of Controllers anymore.Sure there will always be a few that come across for their own reasons,but money won't be the main factor.After reading this thread there might be a few more with serious second thoughts.