PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Abu Dhabi Britannic
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 18:19
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried to weed as much of the personal crap out of this thread as possible. For the last time then, puerile name calling, 'witty' twisting of user names and personal attacks, attempting to compromise the anonymity of users (unless they do so themselves or are in the public domain already), or other posts which try to play the player instead of the ball won't find a place here.

The alternative (an easy one for me), is just to delete the whole thread and throw a few people in the cooler. That would of course result in a lot of useful information and opinion (from both sides) being lost forever. It won't help those considering a move to this part of the world, it won't help those posters who play by the rules and put a bit of effort in to their opinions and arguments, and it won't help those who can't seem to resist going back to school playground tactics (actually .. the last group don't matter).

It is very much a case of the usual suspects. Some are in that category by posting inflammatory stuff which has no bearing on the topic at hand except to bait other users. Some are people who see red and reply in kind. And some are those who get sucked in to the maelstrom and are influenced to make similar kinds of posts.

The thread is in your hands guys, and it's hanging by a thin one at the moment. It is clearly an emotive subject to some, but that still doesn't mean you have to reply with personal attacks on anyone. Look at the other persons argument and counter with your own. For those who can't, please let me know that's your position. I can then restrict your access here to our mutual benefit. You won't be tempted to post anything which breaks the rules and I won't have to waste time editing your posts. Win-win