PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Virgin Blue?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 18:14
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstofficer...I couldnt agree more,,a very proactive attitude indeed,but I dont live in the past.I have worked for 15 different airlines,some bad,some good,and currently for a better than good airline.My problem with your comment is that most airlines are remnants of "past" airlines,they dont give a **** about "future"airlines.The people that run these airlines are not new on the block,most(not all)dig deep into the bag of treachery and use practices of the past for their future endeavours.You need only to look at what Lorenzo,Crandell,Frankie have done to the airlines,the cronies from AirNZ that want their golden parachutes after doing nothing for the company,and walking away with $$$$$ whilst the airline is going into bankruptcy.I have been on several MEC,s,for various airlines,I suggest you get on one,and then maybe you will realize how tough it is to actually work on a better airline future.This whole industry is frought with past practices.The number or airlines that are considered great airlines,you can count them on one hand.Why,because they subscribe to your first post,which incidently I totally agree with .My findings and experience suggest that you have to have people in those positions that are willing to cure problems of the past,the airline industry does not have a stock or surplus of these people.Look at the current state we are in.........otaota