PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final Words
Thread: Final Words
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2002, 03:11
nzer

This is the last, well almost the last, time ...etc etc per Blackadder - Kap M has aked myeslf and several other named people to 'hang around" as it was all infun, good hearted ribbing etc, don't let the Europeans misunderstand the current mudslinging etc - well Kap, if I and others take offence because of "small man syndrome", or for ANY OTHER REASON - if you recognise that offence is given and taken, it is only polite to modify your behaviour. A spoon of sugar will get you further than a bottle of vinegar. Re "cultural differences" - well, an example - not too contraversial I trust - I was operating from AKL to SYD in the recent past, and my fellow aviator was going to make some crack about the cricket - a game I do not follow and in which as such I have no interest I hasten to add!! I said no - and for two reasons, which I explained - 1. It would not be polite. 2. It is enough that we know, and we know they know, and then just to say nothing.....a harder thing for some Aussie to do maybe - just one wee difference - believe, I am as put off by "loud mouth" kiwi's as by anyone else - But, as I say, the "no offence intended" line doesn't work once it is accepted - as I think you do - that offence has been taken - the "get out and don't come back" type of remark. I WILL "hang around" so long as posts/rumours/news about any topic are not followed by "bashing" - I refer as much to Aussies against Aussies as much as anything, eg, those folk who slam anything suggesting Virgin might be doing well etc - Shake?