PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are QANTAS becoming arragant
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 10:31
woftam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Summed up very well Kaptin M.
QF,like many other major corporations,has been going through a "trimming of the fat" exercise for many years now.
Few would argue that there was not plenty of fat to be trimmed!
However,nobody told these clowns (management) to STOP trimming once they hit bone!!!!
That is why we are seeing the "burn out" factor and occasional "dropping of the ball" resulting in the way you were treated.
This does not excuse the way you may have been treated,but the crux of the problem I think you will find is a management problem as Kaptin M has stated.
I believe the vast majority of QF staff do a sensational job given the conditions under which they work with regard to staffing levels and long duty hours etc.
These management people get huge bonuses for cutting the bottom line within their areas of responsibility,and I think in the main they have done a very good job as well.
However,they need to put down the scalpel long enough to have a look at the state of the patient!
It is fair enough to cut fat,but once you start taking away muscle and bone,you start affecting the TOP line because the people at the coalface are not able to provide the service they would like to and customers such as yourself vote with their feet and go elswhere.
So PLEASE do as Kaptin M suggests and direct your comments to the people who need to know rather than the "victims".
Cheers