PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bill tough on mercenaries, but not 'freedom fighters'
Old 19th Oct 2005, 09:08
longtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very glad to see that there is a great deal of unity on this one.... one of the reasons that there are so many South African companies working in both the aviation and security fields in various " areas of conflict " is that they are so well regarded in those fields.Let's not let the bureau-prats put a stop to this work.
I can understand the government wanting to stop foolish episodes like the coup attempt in Equatorial Guinea, and apparently that is what this bill was aimed at originally...but now it is trying to go too far. Also, the mind boggles at the bills' cretinous reference to "freedom fighters ".... what the hell ? The South African government must be very careful of what they are saying on this one : tacitly or overtly supporting Islamic extremism isn't a great idea these days.... and that seems to be what the bill is hinting at, or am I over-reacting ?

Anyhow, I feel very strongly that we must all push our bosses in the industry to stand together on this