PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are QANTAS becoming arragant
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2001, 10:30
bonzaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Are QANTAS becoming arragant

On Sunday last, I travelled Cooly to Melbourne with QANTAS. Because there were no Economy seats available, I had to go Business Class, my first experiance of this service on domestic routes. My strong impression over the whole flight was that QANTAS were doing me a favour by allowing me to fly with them. I made the mistake of asking if a Business Class ticket gave me access to the QANTAS club lounge.I was told, very firmly, that I had to be a member of The QANTAS Club, my mistake for asking I surpose. The meal served was very ordinary, a dry sandwich, a glass of very indifferant red, and a small piece of cheese. The staff contact left me with the impression that they thought I was lucky to be flying with them.
By contrast, some two months prior, I travelled BN to ML with Virgin, the contrast in the attitude of the staff was out of sight. They appeared happy in their job and happy to have their passengers on board. Maybe they see the need to protect their jobs and QANTAS staff do not. As an aside the QANTAS fare was over four times the Virgin fare, however on Virgin you do have to pay for your sandwich.