PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cdt
Thread: Cdt
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2005, 14:11
rej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Above Datums

You are quite right. I was once speaking to an 'adminer' (just the once ... honest) and she recalled a story about someone who had tested positively for smoking pot. The individual had claimed that it was as a result of passive smoking at a party; the analysis guys stated that said individual would have had to have been in a phone box for something like 6 hours with 3 people smoking joints to have the same level of 'whatever' in his blood. Personally I can't bear to be in a rancid BT phone box for the length of a short phone call let alone 6 hours.

Not that I am against CDT (I pesonally think it is great - I want to know that those who work for and with me and indeed those who I work for, are free from the effects of such a habit) but as for making it a condition of employment, how does it work that an employer can constantly add compulsory conditions, such as the addition of CDT, RAFFT, OFT etc, to those who are already in the job without some for of negotiation of terms of service. I know that the obvious answers include 'if you cant take the heat' and 'if you can't take a joke' etc but perhaps someone with a good head for employment law can answer this. (Not that I have ever seen my 'contract' anyway !!)