PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 06:57
AMiller

hi all,

Fatboy tim like your comments along with everyone that has had something constructive to say. I've noticed that the OAT guys can't speak at all highly of the CTC, FTE and CABAIR people but the CTC, FTE and CABAIR guys can say that they respect the OAT guys. Go figure for yourselves.

Whats with OAT students thinking that CTC is an easier course than OAT -> HAVE A WORD! CTC is a structured modular course (very soon to be integrated i've heard) therefore they do more hours than OAT, ergo its harder. OAT students get taught their ATPL theory stuff so if you like being spoon fed information go there, oh but also they dont get the best results. If you can work on your own in a harder faster paced flying environment and also get good results go to CTC. I unfortunately failed CTC and I am gutted but not bitter, thats why I am coming out in support of them. The CTC guys respect OAT as a good FTO but just because it has people that may not have got onto the CTC Wings scheme does not make it a sxxt FTO.

CTC is the only FTO offering the highest chance of employment through their sponsorship arrangements. Airlines are paying CTC for their pilots. Do they at OAT? No, so get off your high horses! I would have had to have gone to OAT seeing as I failed CTC selection but I dont want to mix with the people I see there. Simple. Yes, i've been for a "visit" to their so called boeing 737 sim but did not feel at all welcome.

Good luck all