PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ballot counted: BA Cabin Crew support industrial action if EG300 Imposed
Old 16th Oct 2005, 10:03
hec7or

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cabin Crew with Colds etc...

I'm increasing frequently having to offload cabin crew after 2 sectors of a 4 sector day because they won't go sick until they are literally incapacitated with the pain of blocked ears. I'm also requesting early and gentle descents from ATC for the same reason.

It doesn't happen every day, but I wonder if anyone is keeping a log of these events to see whether Cabin Crew are taking an increasingly unnecessary risk with their health. At my present employer, flightdeck tend to be under very little pressure to fly if we are unfit.

We recently had a Senior off flying for 6 weeks with a burst eardrum due to "finger trouble" following an unpressurised take off. Nobody else on the flight was affected so she must have been unfit to fly.

If Crew are incapacitated with the pain during a normal descent, then what use will they be to anybody during an emergency descent? It's all becoming a bit of a lottery.