PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operational fitness test
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 19:35
heights good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry fellas to disagree with the majority but i think the new fitness test is a step in the right direction. Being rearcrew the fact i can get over 13 on a beep test does not have any relevance to my job.
My job entails moving kit around in a cabin, dragging, lifting and manhandling everything from bergans too battle casualties too vehicles. Strangely the present fitness test doesnt actually test fitness.
An example of this is sit-ups. A sit-up should be a slow and controlled movement pulling from the abs and held for a second at the top. A full sit-up should take around 3 seconds. The present test requires a best effort. This CANT be done slowly and correctly, all this does is encourages people to bounce up and down and potentially damage their neck and back. A job specific fitness test is a more accurate test of and stops the potential for injury doing your job because people will start exercise programs to pass there fitness test.

Anyway thats my pennies worth

There is one person i know who is presently getting admin action against him for failing a fitness test twice.