PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operational fitness test
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 17:45
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am reliably informed that you are all wrong. It is not an OFT but an OFA.

The powers that be want to run an Assessment to find out just how many airmen could qualify as war fighter first. In other words all those under the magic age (?) will do what they can, ligaments, backs, wrists etc allowing, and then some wiz will work out that the air force is total pants at fitness compared with the army.

Then the statement:

<<I recall the "admin discharge after 3 failed attempts" rule was brought in with the RAFFT just over a year ago. >>

Is true only to a point. As well as the 3 failed attempts we must add, failed to turn up and failed to undertake remedial training.

If you can convince the PTIs that you are physically presenting for the test that is one hurdle over come. They must then prove that you did not take the remedial training package seriously.

Keep it up for 18 months and you can probably blag a get ot of jail card from the doc. OTOH, keep all the evidence and take them to tribunal for not giving you a chance to get fit <g>.