PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 14:46
JT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Modular/integrated/CTC/Oxford:

I did integrated and would do again should I have to make a choice. I felt personally it was the environment where I would do best. However when visiting schools I found some smaller modular schools (eg. PAT, BFC) better in many aspects.

I ended up on a jet via the CTC ATP scheme. Others joining me included plently of modular trained people with 250ish hours, some with maybe a little instructional or air taxi work under their belt.

The CTC wings scheme from what I understand is modular anyway!

I would personally NEVER go to Oxford simply because the price is silly.... (i am sure the training is first class) and before somebody starts raving about the 40 hours 737 sim training... well it aint a 737 simulator even though they seem to insist it is (its an FNPT2) .

Do the course you feel suits your needs. Plenty of students at integrated schools have done badly and therefore have a reduced chance of employment. A modular student may have chosen his school(s) wisely and finished up with first time passes throughout and may be more employable.

I would say CTC is by far the best way into an airline job at the current time.

For myself the hard choice was integrated or modular. Once I had decided integrated it was simply take the cheapest in the UK ( the standard at all integrated schools being good).

Finally as WWW mentioned, dont think the CP at X airways where you are trying to get a job was oxford trained. Maybe he has worked his way up the ranks and would much prefer the same sort of background in his recruits.

Who knows!!??!