PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advicefor a Newbee Please
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 07:28
Pitch and Break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!!
Had a reasonably long talk with the young fella (new operations manager) who believes he has been anointed as the new GM for this mob. (Might work if he wasn’t still a wet-behind-the-ears kid!) He claimed that certain elements in the aviation community are trying to close the AAP down forever out of spite and jealousy!

Trouble with this whole concept is that this thread is all about people receiving a fair days pay for a fair days work – nothing else really! The site was commenced by one of their own seeking appropriate pay for work done and asking advice about achieving just this. From the ‘wins’ achieved by the baggage handlers so far, I’d say that ANGELSEEKER has done a damned fine job – WELL DONE! – but the work is not over yet. There are still issues about training backpay which need sorting but I believe this is due to come to a head in the next few weeks. (Next steps HAS to be to achieve fair pay and conditions for the PILOTS working in this organisation and maybe you can achieve a flow-on affect to other questionable organisations.)
Seems they have been telling QLink that there are no problems with workers pay and conditions although a little birdie tells me that QLink know everything already so I’d guess that someone’s credibility must be really shot by now! Also understand that every effort is being made to keep all the IR stuff away from the media – if that’s what it takes to make you clowns pay people fairly and correctly Mr M; THEN SO BE IT! (Consider it done!)