PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue bias against older women
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 06:23
RaverFlaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly don't think there is justifacation that older crew are more experienced in terms of saving pax arses in an emergency. In terms of service and inflight experiences I would think they would obviously have more exposure, however if you are talking about "emergencies" like an evacuation or ditching and such, then most of them have probably never been in one, so how can they be classified as more experienced compared to a younger crew member with less years of flying?

If EP's is anything to go by, then I think it would prove my thoughts correct. Having done re-current training with QF crew in the simulator, especially CSM's and more senior crew, leaves a lot to be desired for! I'm not confident they would be any better than me in such situations. Having said that, this is not my thoughts of all senior QF crew (there are great crew out there too) or that AO is perfect as we have some of the same, I'm sure you all do a wonderful job and are fully competent, though from my first hand experieces with doing an evac with some of them, I really don't see them (more senior crew) as being any better than the rest of us.

Sorry back to the topic......having just done a trip with one of the ladies involved in the case. I have to say she is a great flight attendant. Wonderful upbeat personality and always with a smile on her face. Hard working and would love to fly with her every trip. I would have thought she would have had no problem getting into DJ.

Either way, well done on exposing an unfair process within such a big company.

Cheers,

RaverFlaver