PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 23:13
Dom McNeill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW,

With regards to your reply,

I have to disagree almost entirely. The intergated Vs Modular route has been argued to the bone, but your post irratated me somewhat. Perhaps a lot of wanabees these days have 'blind' passion for flying and will go into something with their eyes closed tight, but your attitude appears to be the complete opposite. You seem to have taken no real information about what airlines want from Low hours, Ab initio pilots these days. I know for a fact that Ba City Express, who happened to recieve 1300 applications for a few position in two weeks, will take a recommended application direct form Oxford (Kidlington as you call it) bypasisng those 1300. And you only if it was from the integrated route. Similarly, Bmed (Formally British Mediterranean) Said a similar thing. They would look far more favourably on an applicant having completed an integrated training route than a Modular. To me, anybody who wants to enter the Airline world in the current political and economical climate with regards to Aviation should realise that at any moment, the market could hit a deep depression and we would be left with a large pool of trained pilots - with the same 'Blue book' and hours all wanting jobs. And who are those jobs going to go to? Applicants with a recommendation from a reputable FTO (Oxford for example) from an integrated route with a good groundschool passrate, first time flight test passes, MCC, and lets say a jet orientation course with around 40 hours on a 737 sim. Would you look at that, it just so happens that Oxford gives you exactly that. The groundschool instructors are fantastic for getting you good results in you ground exams, and similarly the flight instructors are great at getting you first time passes in you flight tests. This is no accident. The facility at this large FTO with more than 20 a/c and lots of students are second to none. And in my opinion, And it is an opinion (albeit educated), if you want the BEST CHANCE of getting a job at the end of your training, Go intergrated. More specifically, Go APP First officer with OAT.