PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CitiExpress Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 21:31
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BACX Recruitment Professionalism

St Paul,

You really are going into the wrong occupation if you want my honest opinon.

With an attitude like that the base Capt of wherever you end up being posted to (god forbid you actually pass the interview and sim) will have you in the office for a 1 way, hats on, no coffee, no biscuits conversation. The line trainers will ASR your personality (this happened in Britannia) and you will be royaly shafted.

We have all sweated blood, tears, other people's money, years, relationships, well payed jobs and avgas getting to where we are and do not appreciate little scrot bags like you telling us our company does not recruit correctly, efficiently or that we treat people badly. There are plenty of my mates who would gladly be offered an interview; if only for practice!

Let me put it to you this way. 2 people have the task of siffting through up to 2000 applications and yes, the initial trawl is AIDED with a keyword search. The vast majority is done by hand and as a result we do get good guys from a vast background of age, experience and not just integrated courses. Its no wonder then that there is a slight delay between submitting your form and hearing about your interview - YOU ARE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE WORLD!

As for the interview boarding, if you don't like the way you are being treated, there are plenty of other airlines to apply to. As somebody so correctly pointed out, give the company a ring to find out whats going on! CRM is largely after all about COMMUNICATION (thats two way in case you hadn't worked it out otherwise it would just be talking)

No, the company does not interview everybody.........is this an effective use of resources? No. Again, not being practical, logical and pragmatic are real handicaps for you in the flight deck old chap.

If I was you I would really think carefully before bad mouthing ANY company or person in aviation; its too small an industry to get away with it. You obviously need to get a bit more industry experience - clearly not a born aviator or you wouldn't winge: you'd be grateful you had an opportunity to present yourself to a professional outfit whose training is totally geared up for sub 1000Hr first MPA pilots with no up front bond.

Anyway, St P, sort your life out or its pointless even bothering. The interview panel will typically be a line Capt from your fleet plus a senior management type. They aren't stupid. If you aren't really bothered they will chop you.

As for me, yes, I am a line pilot with BACX and yes, I am happy where I am, grateful and very glad to have a job in a stable airline (again threads here are misleading as the future is not quite as bleak for BACX as it has been).

Should you find yourself at BHX I'll watch out for your ego as it forces everyone out of the crew room.

Grow up.

BugSpeed