PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Qantas rumor
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 04:17
chockchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alas, apophis and inthefly, as there is no transmittal of business clause in the current eba agreement, any qantas employee who is forced to relocate to avalon (or just forced out period) will have to be made redundant before joining the forshaft ranks.

They (QF) might as well keep the existing employees under the Qantas umbrella. They can still tell you where they want you to work but, they can't tell you that you have to work for somebody else without shelling out some cash first. At least not yet. Give the fed. gov't. time though and they'll probably take that away too.

As for hangar 9's post about the 737NG h/maint going overseas, that's a new one. The first NG QC2 check is on plan for melbourne in January with the rest to follow. I would find it easier to believe that, from the end of this year, all the 737-400 (the last -300 VH-TAK will be disposed of from melbourne later this year) will be done at Avalon or overseas. The New-Gens will remain in Melbourne for the time being IMHO. Particularly if the newly installed project/program (whatever) 221 produces the chech turn times that were promised.

My info says that there are two HM2 checks on 737-400's at the end of the year in Avalon. These aircraft will then be disposed of to jetconnect. Rumor has it that six or seven 737-300's were to return from jetconnect and have a freighter conversion carried out at Avalon before being delivered to Australian Air Express (National Jet). Don't know if all of that will occur as I believe that QF is trying to screw the blokes at Avalon over the 737 payments and they are not overly fussed if they get the 737 work or not. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong on that one.

One can only wait and see. I just wait for the day when they outsource the top tier management positions and even the board positions of Qantas to a third world or developing country. I wonder how much of the shareholders money could be saved then?