PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue bias against older women
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 00:10
wine o babe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the 8 ex-ansetters probably weren't all suited for the role at VB. The point is that they have made Virgin realise that yes there are decent over 35 yr olds out there regardless if they are ex AN and that they need to change their recruitment culture. As an ex-An I am fully aware that AN had a lot of crew who were awful, but we also had a lot that were the best in the business!!!! Sadly most of the good ones don't stand a chance while some of the real lazy ones are currently flying. Doesn't make sense. I have a lot of friends who are businessmen who initially thought VB were brilliant, "the chicks are gorgeous" was the theory. Most have gone back to QF. Why??? One comment was" I reckon the old bag with the grumpy face" has more chance of getting me out of this A/C in an emergency than the 20 yr old clone. I guess thats why we have choice. Service or safety.Soon we will have 4 airlines to choose from, only the fittest will survive and maybe VB's more vulnerable than most will admit.