PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Cross Cockpit Qualifications
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2005, 13:09
flyingins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schnauzer,
I don't need to justify them, sunshine. They're not in Qantas.

Believe it or not, Jetstar, being a "Qantas Group" company, does require its pilots to adhere to the cyclic training and checking requirements set forth and approved by its parent.

Therefore, although JQ pilots operate differently to your esteemed organisation, they still do it to the same standard.

Many Impulse pilots did not successfully progress through the QF recruitment process, Schnauzer (and you too, Conrad). That is a fact. But the very fact that they now operate "group" aircraft to exactly the same standards dictated by your employer (the same standards as you, shock-horror!) would, to my mind, serve as just as valid an indicator of ability as the results of any HR driven, "behavioural" interview or computer-based psych and skills test.

That, of course, and the fact that VQ/JQ pilots actually FLY the aircraft (most flew at least 500 sectors last year, some quite a bit more than that) might make most Impulse drivers a little more skilled than even an above-average QF Second Officer. And probably just as good as your real pilots, too! What do you think, sweetheart?

P.S - Judging by how the EBA7 negotiations are going, my @rse is a lot less likely to need saving than yours.

Last edited by flyingins; 11th Oct 2005 at 13:28.