PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal Weapons Etiquet on Entering C-130
Old 11th Oct 2005, 08:20
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CM...

I concur wholeheartedly my brown/green suited friend....

The rules are a mockery of the system..as you point out, your sharps are taken away from you..yet you keep yr browning...i've never been pistol whipped so dont know what it feels like...!!

As i have said the rules are not made by the Movers/Police per se..but our peers n masters...thats where thefault lies...
We have moved on leaps and bounds in various aspects of service life...but when it comes to Air Travel, sometimes we are behind the drag curve...

Bear in mind though, post 9/11, all sharp implements were banned in the aircraft cabin for fear of hijack...
But then at 33,000ft they serve you a steak dinner complete with steak knife....so we go full circle again...!!!

Maybe a solution would be for the QM to have a Tommy Bin purely for you guys to place your sharps into...just a thought...it could be part of his stores replen set up so would not be a penalty to the overall move..

ABIW...
Florida 737, i dont have the full facts to hand but IIRC it was down to the Consignor falsely declaring the goods. It slipped through the checks as i believe there was nothing untoward to raise concerns...
And I know there have been occasions in the RAF where the final overall safety catch the ALM has not picked up an error..

Why???
Because we are human and yes we do make mistakes but hopefully live to tell the tale and learn from them to ensure that there is never a repeat which may prove costly..