PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old birds get the Virgins worm!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2005, 06:53
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a thread going on about this in the CC forum as well. I won't repeat what I said there, but I agree with this:

Does it then make sense that if these ladies showed any negative indicators from walking in and during the assessment that they should have got the job. Sounds to me as if they walked in their with the attitude that because I have experience then I will be hired, no matter what. A job interview is an overall assessment of all skills pssessed, wether it be experience, attitude or interaction with other people. Sounds to me like these ladies maybe only had one of theses things covered.
They could have done any number of things to be elimanted from the process. Walk wrong, sit wrong, say something inappropriate to the person who happens to be the company plan amongst the applicants - it can all get you booted.

I suspected that I wasn't successful with Emirates because I'm not of the "look" they are after - yet I'm not suing them. Yeah I was pissed off, but hey, I can't say for sure that was it. I could have done any number of things that meant I got the cut from the (second) round... I might even have breathed wrong for all I know!!

The point about experience being all good - in my opinion that is incorrect. Sometimes experienced people (especially those who spend a long time with any one company) become ingrained with the 'ways of doing things' that may not be compatible (in the perception of) the company doing the hiring.

Accept it and move on. If I applied for a job I didn't get, I'd be inclined to think perhaps it was because either a) i wasn't qualified or b) they obviously felt that someone else was MORE qualified than me (and by 'qualified' I don't just mean having done the job before) There's a lot more to it than that....!