PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The old birds get the Virgins worm!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2005, 05:31
Big Hairy Potatoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went for a job once and was told that I was over qualified and that I would get bored in the job I applied for. Maybe I wanted to get bored!!
How many old farts have you seen aksing you if you'd like fries with that or behind the counter at Sanity Music, Just Jeans ( basically anywhere they are after the ultra cool youth market). Why aren't they getting sued? Strikes me as hypocritical that they get one employer but not another.
I went to a VB assessment day and noticed that they watch you from the point you walk into the foyer, register, mingle with the other applicants and during the actual assessment. Does it then make sense that if theses ladies showed any negative indicators from walking in and during the assessment that they should have got the job. Sounds to me as if they walked in their with the attitude that because I have experience then I will be hired, no matter what. A job interview is an overall assessment of all skills pssessed, wether it be experience, attitude or interaction with other people. Sounds to me like these ladies maybe only had one of theses things covered.
BHP