PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2005, 13:21
SlimJim47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sook Mi Oph

It is commendable you are so excited to be in RBA, there has never been any doubt it is an incredible opportunity for pilots to break out of the low paid jobs in GA. Even better to be able to pick up a command on a wide bodied jet. I trust you will still be as excited in a few years time, when you notice you are being paid well under the accepted rate as a wide bodied jet Capt and doing long haul trip after long haul trip with 2 days off in Brunei in between. I hope your wife and family will be as excited as you if you have one by then.
It appears from your excitement you are very new and therefore have not seen any cuts to your pay, or reduction in your contract conditions, I trust you will still be as excited when they start reducing your pay, allowances and contract.

There was an exodus from RBA a few years ago, this was when the Rishworth deal began. This was all FOs, who were told by ignorant and arrogant management they would never get commands in RBA. New Rishworth FOs with no jet time were employed and flew with experienced Capts in the company. This was considered acceptable by RBA management, in fact it feathered the nest of a few management, as it continues to do today. The concern now is it’s the experienced Capts who have left and are continuing to leave, therefore it is not uncommon now to have a Capt with two years total jet time, on international operations and a FO with six months total jet time, therefore RBAs wide bodied jets are flying internationally with a total crew experience of two and a half years jet experience. Well below what many wide bodied international airlines would consider acceptable.

Your username gives some insight into your personality, and given you could have a command within the next two years, perhaps RBA should be looking for someone with a little more maturity.

I see you identified Wings on this thread, how accurate you are, we do not know. Now you have removed this from your post, however the damage has been done assuming you were correct. I believe this also reflects your personality and maturity, at least have the decency to identify yourself on this thread before making such accusations.