PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Personal Weapons Etiquet on Entering C-130
Old 10th Oct 2005, 12:22
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP...

By your own admission , the RAF makes the rules....!!!
Therefore surely it is incumbent on all Service personnel to abide by them..

IATA (Dangerous Air Cargo regs) is not solely used for the carriage of equipment.. JSP 335 is used for that kit which is not carried rountinely by CivAir....mainly service kite without detailing what that is....leave that to your wealth of in service knowledge to work out...

I agree wholeheartedly about carriage of nutters, as you so quaintly put it...could you spot one though...???
Hence carrying an Amed Team with suitably qualified personnel to deal with it...

Illegal Souvenirs!!!
That in my book was always a flight safety issue...!!!

You cannot carry empty shell cases without an FFE certificate as i'm sure you are aware. I know your reply may well say, there is little or no threat from an empty shell case...maybe an Armourer would be able to tell us the Exact risk here !!!

I would not profess to knowing how to do a Cat 3 approach to PRN, not being a front ender...i leave that in the hands of those well trained, well paid types , that i used to "wave" to passing SHQ...so by the same token those others amongst the groundcrew whose task it is to service/refuel/load etc should be allowed to make decisions, based on knowledge and expertise gained from seeing the problems that can arise from someone elses lack of understanding of the risks carrying something illegal could do..

The 737 lost in Florida Everglades had a problem with dodgy cargo IIRC...