PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 9th Oct 2005, 21:11
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caudillo, if you are trying to find some kind of conspiratorial anti-FTO subversive intent in my post, you are fantasising. I don't know quite what's happening on your planet, but it seems a long way from the reality that I observe. I have no 'agenda'; I simply pass comment on what I see in an industry I have observed for 30 years.

Rowley Are you trying to deliberately misunderstand me too, or is everyone a little hormonal today?

Atreyu you obviosly have read little and understood less. As I thought I made clear, plenty of modular students are getting jobs. CTC's course is modular not integrated!

Flying training costs a lot of money, whichever way you do it. That's a fact of life and isn't going to change anytime soon. You have the option of spending rather less than the integrated schools would like to charge you, if you wish to take it. For many, modular may be the only way they can afford to contemplate this career. I am trying to reassure you that jobs are still available for those who choose this route, but that you may have to consider a couple of extra steps on the ladder to a jet job. If you can't countenance that, then this career is possibly not for you.

As for moaning about those who can afford to go to OAT's APP or similar, don't waste your breath. There will always be people with more money than you who can afford things you can't. Get over it. Make the best of your own life rather than wasting energy being jealous of others. In any case, you may have no idea of the sacrifices those APP students may have made to find the money to do that course. Having £90k to spend on your training does not necessarily mean that you have a rich daddy.

Scroggs