PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 9th Oct 2005, 01:17
trapezoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doz,

Damnation, you've lured me into a trite response and I wasn't going to argue with you any more.

Can you read??

I believe that I said something along the lines of not being sure as I have been out of the system for a long time and therefore not stating 'facts'.

Can we agree that there is a ROSO and that training and working in the military is not just beer and skittles and that downsides do exist wherever you may find yourself?

I am aware that pay rates etc are available on the defence website but still find your $156K 'package ' a little hard to swallow.

Please don't reach for your calculator with a response, we are just arguing now and not contributing to the thread.

As you will recall, this started out with me disputing just two points of your original post .... that of the free dental and medical that only covers you and not your family.... and that of the housing assistance (DHA, TRA whatever they call it these days) that does not apply to those who live in their own homes.

Both issues are true. Your response tossed back a page of fluff that was never disputed in the first place.

Over....and out!

zoid